Here is a summary of our vision for Gigbucks 2.0. What do you think?
At Gigbucks, we want to help millions of people around the world earn income, and earn that income from anywhere they want.
Since our members offer services that can be delivered with any Internet connection, successful members can work from home, from a beach, from a coffee shop, or from a mountain top. This is a new form of freedom available in the modern age and we want to help our members achieve it.
What Is Gigbucks 2.0?
Gigbucks 2.0 refers to the next generation of Gigbucks.com, which is a global marketplace for freelancers and micro jobs. Here are some of the ideas we are working towards:
- Lower Fees – Currently Gigbucks.com keeps 20% of every transaction that occurs on our platform. We want to lower this amount, and eventually bring it to zero – yes zero! We will have more details on this plan in the near future.
- Member Rewards Program – We have some exciting ideas to implement a rewards program that will reward our members based on their contribution to our marketplace and our community.
- Improved Marketing and Public Relations – We plan to improve the image of Gigbucks to attract the highest quality buyers and sellers from all over the world. This will be achieved through social marketing efforts and traditional marketing (news outlets, sponsorships, etc). We believe if we all work together on marketing we can all be part of each other’s success.
- Fraud and Spam Elimination – We want to eliminate “bad actors” from our system. Gigbucks 2.0 will prevent fraud and spam by design. Gigbucks.com is not a marketplace for illegal activity.
- Open Messaging – Tired of restrictions on your ability to communicate with your buyer and seller? So are we! We want to enable open messaging so our buyers and sellers can communicate more effectively.
- Improved Ratings System – We want the highest quality members of Gigbucks to stand out and be recognized. We need an improved ratings system for both buyers and sellers.
- Refined Categories and Sub-Categories – We believe the current list of categories can be improved and refined, especially through the use of sub-categories.
- Global Expansion – Eventually we want Gigbucks to be available in additional languages to make the community even more internationally inclusive.
Feel free to add comments, questions or suggestions. Watch this forum for more updates and see how you can get involved in the Gigbucks 2.0 project.